Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Third Elimination Tournament (UNFINISHED)

This post will serve as the home for my third and final unfinished PRE-Green Tower City elimination tournament.  This series was begun around 1996.  I was still occasionally working on the second elimination tournament that I had started, but felt my art had progresses a bit from when I started that series and I wanted to start something new.  With these fights I was writing out text on notebook paper, which I glued onto sheets of construction paper to be placed in sheet protectors opposite the drawings.

This series is not currently Green Tower City canon, though you will recognize some of the fighters as prototypes of characters who would later appear in my Green Tower City universe, namely Tiffany, Brandi, Ewyn and Crystal.  (I'll let you in on a secret:  Those four girls happen to be based on girls I actually dated back in those days.)  At some point I may incorporate these into the GTC timeline though as individual fights and not an elimination tournament.

Two problems with this:  In the current timeline there is no way for Crystal and Ewyn to fight each other, and (SPOILER ALERT)  Match two couldn't actually be a death match as indicated in this story.

Anyway:  click on the links to see the stories.  Please look past the crudeness of the drawings.  I do feel like my drawing skills have improved a bit since those days, though I still love these older drawings.

These are the LAST older pieces I had not yet added to the blog.  (I think.)

FIGHT ONE:  JEANNIE VS. TIFFANY



FIGHT TWO:  BRANDY VS. SUZY



FIGHT THREE ASHLEY VS. MISSY



FIGHT FOUR:  CRYSTAL VS. EWYN




No comments:

Post a Comment