Thursday, October 31, 2019

5-9-2473 Betty-Sue vs. Patty

BETTY-SUE vs. PATTY
(The Pig Pen)

I wake up as the sun is coming up over the horizon.  I undock the ship and we begin floating down the river.  On both sides of us tall fields of corn are growing.  Due to the climate of the world, crops just grow constantly, and they rotate them around, so one field is just starting to sprout while another is ready to harvest, and another is about halfway between. Once again I marvel at how different the world is from what I once knew.

Tending these fields are a wide assortment and ages of women.  These folks prefer the simple life, and thankfully for them there is still a demand for “real food” which supposedly does taste a tiny bit better than what the Molecular Reorganizers can produce, though truth be told I’ve never been able to tell the difference. 

And out here in the so called “Farm Belt” a need for combat still exists among the women, and unofficial fighting venues have been established in a few areas.

The first fight we take in here is between a couple young women inside a fenced in muddy area locals call The Pig Pen.  Many women surround the area to cheer on the fighters, some of them dressed in fake beards.  
















(Author's note:  Yeah, I don't know.  I did this series a long time ago and really wanted to place it into the timeline.)  

4 comments:

  1. Was always a bit disappointed Patty lost though I kind of love the mangled face ending. What happened to victory pose at the end? Also Patty did die here, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! There should be another panel here! I must not have ever scanned it into my computer. I will try to remedy that later today. In answer to your other query, I don't think I meant this to be a death match, but I did it so long ago I'm not sure. I am currently planning on having these characters and the ones from the corn field fight appear later on in the timeline.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad to hear this. It always felt a bit like a death fight with how bad Patty lost, but as I said before I kind of love the ending, especially that victory pose panel.

      Delete
    3. Found it! (It was in a different folder for some reason.)

      Delete